Sunday, August 1, 2021

Where Have I Been For 9 Years??

 Wow.

Again. Wow.

Nine years have passed by since I last updated this website. I may have stopped writing posts here but I didn't stop being a vegan and I didn't stop being an athlete.

Sure, there were troubled times. I became a fat vegan, topping out at times near 220 lbs. From time to time, I let cheese into my diet, technically dropping me out of vegan status. I full on stopped running. I was unable to play hockey for the better part of a season due to a pretty severe ankle/foot injury.

But, in October, 2020, the next revolution began. Just after my 52nd birthday, I realized that there was something more. Sure, I was active and I felt I had a pretty robust immune system. Still, I was overweight. I had FLS syndrome (feel like shit). Anything close to a brisk walk seemed to bring on some sort of pulled muscle or tendon in my lower legs. I was seeing signs of rapid aging.

Things had to change and they had to change fast.

So, I went full vegan, without exception. I eliminated the white devils (sugar, grains, potatoes). I ate just twice per day, at around 10am and 3pm. I made sure I was getting exercise DAILY. I continued with cold showering. I began Wim Hof style breathwork. 

It worked. And, it worked fast. By the end of 2020, I had lost almost 40 lbs. By mid-March, I was down to my current and optimal weight of 155 lbs., a drop of around 65 lbs from my 2020 max weight.

But wait, that's not all! I was running again. I started in January and by May was putting in well over 100km in monthly running miles. The best part, I have remained injury free throughout the process.

I have started posting to a new website, Optimum Health. Optimum Travel. This site is about my journey to superhuman health and fitness. However, it is not focused on a vegan lifestyle. I'm not promising anything but I do have a strong desire to resurrect this site to discuss all that surrounds being a vegan and being an athlete.

After all, we are going through some interesting times in the world at the moment. Yet, world leaders and world governments seem to be avoiding the obvious - that to fight an enemy to our health and well-being, we need to be in the most optimum physical (and mental) shape possible. In fact, I believe that these world leaders don't want us in optimum physical health. There is simply no money in it and it would collapse the economy if we were all in optimum physical health.

I hope to see you soon. For now, stay healthy friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment