Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Follow My Running at RunningAHEAD

For well over a month now, I've had the add-on you see in the right-hand column of this blog. It shows the distances of my latest three runs. What I did not realize until today was that if you click on any of the three distances, you are taken to my summary page at RunningAHEAD.com. From here you can see all my courses, including maps; a list of all my workouts, sortable by date, distance, time or pace; as well as equipment (shoes), calendar, PR's and a statistical summary of my training to date.



I've raved about RunningAHEAD in the past, but I have to say it again - if you're a runner of any ability and are looking for an awesome internet based and FREE log, look no further!



My motive in telling you this is not to advertise for RunningAHEAD. I have no professional relationship with that person (yes, it is run by one person) whatsoever. My purpose in this is the same as announcing on this blog that I would lose 10lbs. between June 9 and July 9. When you make things public, there is suddenly an urgency to follow through.



Now that my running stats are accessible by all, I will be spurred on to start putting in the mileage I should (still avoiding over-training, of course...) to further achieve my running and fitness goals.



An interesting route that I made up on the site is worth checking out. At the start of 2009, I created a route from Lisbon, Portugal to Venice, Italy spanning some 2300-2400 km. I had hopes of completing this by the end of the year. Unfortunately, I didn't take in the amount of cross-training that I do (and a ton of other excuses!) and I am only at 607km - not including the run I'm about to embark on this evening after my workout. This puts me somewhere around downtown Madrid, Spain. However, there is still hope and by publicising it, it just might happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment